- Age Range:Age 2 to 6 years
- Class Structure: New unit theme for
each month, each contains four lessons
Taught like a regular Kindermusik class,
with additional option of a hosted CD
Nine monthly units for 2 year olds
Nine monthly units for 3 year olds
Twelve monthly units for 4 to 6 year olds
- Class Length: 30 minutes
- Class Size: Up to twelve children in class,
with or without accompanying adults
ABC Music & Me, an award-winning enrichment (early literacy and language) program for 2 to 6 year olds, was designed for early childhood learning centers, but can also be taught in a Kindermusik classroom. ABC Music & Me is a research-based language and early literacy program built around music. ABC Music & Me helps develop pre-literacy and language skills through a child’s most-loved rituals: music and storytime.
ABC Music & Me supports the early childhood standards and requirements for “high quality programs” as defined by the National Institute for Early Education. Plus for the older age group, ABC Music & Me aligns with pre-K national and state standards.
ABC Music & Me Spanish Home Materials -- addressing ELL (English Language Learners) -- are available. An increasing percentage of children entering school today come from families that speak little to no English at home. Click here now to find out which ABC Music & Me materials are available right now in Spanish.
What a Child Will Experience in Class:
- Songs and rhymes to develop phonetic awareness and early reading skills
- Tapping, clacking, and ringing rhythm instruments in time with music to improve hand-eye coordination
- Focused listening with music to improve skills in following directions
- Instrument play to strengthen fine motor skills
- Developmentally-appropriate songs to develop vocal chords and expressive speech
- Learning that emphasizes storytelling, imaginative play, and taking turns